across the UK with
YOU in the cockpit!
This experience will last a total of approx. 50 minutes, with approx. 20 minutes spent in the air. (We don't compromise on your time in the air. When comparing us with others, check the small print and the time actually spent in the air.)
The tiger moth was built without the benefit of brakes or a starter motor, so yes, she'll be hand swung to start her, and our ground crew will be taking the 'chocks away' as we set off.
Climbing out, we'll see the airliners going into and out of nearby Gatwick, but we won't be bothering them. We'll be cruising over the beautiful landscapes of the South East.
Our Tiger Moth was manufactured in Portugal in 1939, the aeroplane was flown to Mozambique and then onto Northern Rhodesia where it was used for general transport. Many aircraft in this area were given names, this Tiger Moth was known as "Nokomis", Daughter of the Moon but to the local Africans it was simply known as "The Big Bird". Eventually the aircraft found its way to England.
* The aicraft flown will be a Tiger Moth DH82a, but we do reserve the right to substitute a similar open cockpit vintage biplane if need be.
* Flights may be rescheduled by the flyer, but if with 7 days notice or less, a payment of 15 UKP will be required.
* non-arrival at the field on the scheduled flight day will be a 'no-show' and the voucher will be regarded as void
* Max weight 16st, disabled flyers welcome, please make the nature of any disabilities clear when calling to arrange your flight date
* All flyers must supply a telephone number on which they can be contacted in case of short notice delays or cancellations
Each voucher entitles
to participate in this experience. The voucher is
transferable, which means that anyone can use it.
The voucher remains valid for bookings for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Please contact the operator using the details printed on your voucher to arrange a date for
We recommend that you purchase your voucher and make a booking for your event at least one month prior to your chosen date. This is particularly important for weekend events.
Event takes place at
Redhill in Surrey
Surrey, Surrey, RH1 5JY.
There are currently no reviews of this experience. Write a review.
"I would like to thank you for providing the opportunity for us to book an experience flying lesson for my Dad for his birthday which he thoroughly enjoyed. We were extremely impressed with the efficency and professionalism of your service and would always use you again in the future and will recommend you to anyone who is interested in this kind of gift to give to someone."
Central London Tour for 4 at Redhill
15 Minute Helicopter Pleasure Flight at Fairoaks
A Glimpse of the London Skyline at Redhill
R44 Explorer Flight at Redhill
Helicopter lesson in an R22 at Fairoaks
30 Minute Air Experience Flight in a 4 seater at Blackbushe
1 to 1 Trial Flying Lesson at Blackbushe
City of London Helicopter Tour at Fairoaks