Paragliding is the purest form of flight available to us. The wing weighs just a few kilos and is easily portable. With a steady breeze blowing up a cliff you can soar all day in perfect relaxation. If adventure is your thing you can climb up thousands of feet in thermals and then glide for many miles. If adrenaline is your thing you can learn to throw your paraglider around to do some of the most dynamic aerobatics imaginable. Dont miss this once in a life time experience!
The day will include:
* Introduction to the sport and paperwork
* Discussion of the risks involved in paragliding
* Basic theory of paragliding aerodynamics and local airflow
* Daily canopy and equipment checks
* How to keep yourself safe
* Pre-flight checks
* Canopy inflation and control on the ground
* Low flights on shallower slopes (known as 'hops')
* A higher flight from main slope if time, your energy levels and rate of progress allow
Each voucher entitles
to participate in this experience. The voucher is
non-transferable, which means that only the person named on the voucher can use it.
The voucher remains valid for bookings for 9 months from the date of purchase.
Please contact the operator using the details printed on your voucher to arrange a date for
You need to be at least 16 years of age though you can take a Taster Day at 14 or 15 provided your parent or guardian is present. You don't need to be exceptionally fit or strong. You do however need to be able to run fast for short bursts when necessary and most importantly walk back up the slope carrying your equipment many times over.
Maximum Weight is 20 stone.
Booking your event
We recommend that you purchase your voucher and make a booking for your event
at least one month prior to your chosen date. This is particularly important
for weekend events.